TAMIL NADU COMMON WEALTH MOTHER TERESA WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL CENTRE
- The Hon’ble Chief Minister has announced a 15 point programme for the uplift of women in the State which includes setting up of a Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Mother Teresa Women’s International Centre. The government has set apart Rs.5 Crore for this purpose. The Centre would initially offer many short-term Certificate/Diploma courses in variety of subjects.
- As an initial step an amount of Rs.32, 50,000/- has been released to meet the immediate expenditure towards purchase of books, furniture and computers vide the G.O.Rt.No.1014 dated 26.12.2013.
- A Preliminary meeting was held on 21.01.2014 to identify the experts for various courses to be organized in the Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Teresa Women’s International Centre. Various members from different organizations were nominated as members of the Advisory committee for this Centre.
- A Purchase Committee meeting was held on 3rd February 2014 to purchase the following items and orders were placed for the same.
1. High Station
2. Smart Class Room
3. CCTV Camera
4. Video conferencing
6. Books & Journals
- Advertisement was published in the daily on 7.2.2014 for recruiting the following Staffs for the Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Teresa Women’s International Centre.
B) Junior Assistant
C) Office Assistant
- The University staff visited the World Community Service Centre (Temple of Consciousness), Aliyar, Pollachi for detailed information on Yoga Course.
- An Advisory Committee was held at Mother Teresa Women’s University on 12th March 2014 with various experts in different fields. As an outcome of the meeting it was decided to conduct the following 6 week/8 week/12 week Programmes.
4. Indian Culture
5. Ayurvedic Sciences
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed with the following institutions.
1. University of Madras – International Students Exchange.
2. Sakshi Educational Institutions, Coimbatore – International Students Exchange
3. Sakthi Kalai Kuzhu, Dindigul. –Folklore and Dance.
4. World Community Service Centre (Temple of Consciousness), Aliyar, Pollachi-Yoga Courses
- It was decided to have emphasis on 80% practicals and 20% theory.
- It has been decided to select an Existing Staff Member from the University to coordinate Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Mother Teresa Women’s International Centre. Hence Dr.P.Jeyappriya, Associate Professor of English has been given additional Charges as The Coordinator to Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Mother Teresa Women’s International Centre.
- The Vice Chancellor, The Registrar & The Coordinator has made a visit to Huangzhou University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China, in order to sign MOU with them for Students’ Exchange Programmes.
- Two Appointments have been made for Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Mother Teresa Women’s International Centre. A highly Qualified woman candidate who can converse fluently in English has been appointed as Junior Assistant for the Centre, in order to liase with the foreign students.
Department of English and Foreign Languages
Mother Teresa Women’s University. Kodaikanal