DEPARTMENT OF HISTORICAL STUDIES AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
The department of Historical Studies was created in the year 1986. Initially both summer sequential programme and regular programme in M.Phil Historical Studies were offered by the department. The main objective of the department is to make women visible in history through research. All research scholars both PhD and M.Phil choose topics pertaining to women. Thereby we were able to restore the history and status of women belonging to various communities/various field of TamilNadu. Closely tied to the department is the field of Tourism and Travel Management, which the department interlinks to develop women professionals for the worthwhile carrier in the tourism industry. The name of the department is also changed into Department of Historical Studies and Tourism Management. In the year 1990-91, the Department started M.A.History and Tourism and in the year 1995-96,the nomenclature was changed into Master of Tourism and Travel Management and now it is M.B.A(Tourism ).
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Competent and sincere teaching staff
- Good Student-Teacher rapport
- Sponsoring poor students
- Informal academic, personal and career counseling to not only to the students of our department, but also to the students from other departments.
- Conducting Picnic and trekking programmes regularly to eco-spots to create awareness about sustainable tourism development.
- Satisfactory placement record and progression to higher education
1. Ph.D in Historical Studies (Part Time & Full Time)
2. Ph.D in Tourism Management (Full Time & Part Time)
3. M.Phil Historical Studies
4. M.Phil Tourism Management
5. MBA (Tourism)
6. M.A Historical Studies